You will be working in a team of 3 experienced developers working closely together within a structured framework from agreeing specification through agreed code, development and testing. You will be actively involved in the discussions and agreement for product development. Working closely with our support team who deal directly with our customers. Reporting to Head of Operations who manages the support and development team.
- Writing specification for features or new modules.
- Developing the features or modules from start to finish including Frontend code, backend code and database changes.
- Working with the support team with issues that require technical support and determining if an issue is an actual bug.
- Maintenance development replicating, fixing and testing of issues that have been discovered.
- Testing of changes in development, alpha and beta environments, preparation for rollout to production.
- Very occasionally dealing with customers directly if they have a very technical question or issue.
Essential skills/experience required:
- Backend development using PHP & MySQL, 2–3 years
- Basic computer office skills (Word-processing / Spreadsheets / Email)
Preferred skills/experience required:
- Development on mobile platforms (Android / Java, iOS / Swift)
- Development using C++
- Development on Windows / Mac OS / Linux / ChromeOS
- Use of image editing software
- Use or administration of Linux systems (including AWS)
- General Windows Desktop administration / IT support
- 3% of salary contribution to the NEST pension scheme.
- 25 days per annum plus England statutory holidays
- Annual company success related bonus
Reasons to join Parago:
- Great opportunity to be part of a very friendly and collaborative team working together to develop the product
- Company performance related Bonus
- Office is located a few minutes from Reading train station
- Opportunity to gain skills in mobile development technology
- Good career development opportunity as the business continues to grow!
Book a demo and trial our software
We’re confident that you’ll be impressed by our user friendly software. Book a free demonstration to see how Parago can assist your school or multi academy trust.Book Now
School, academy and MAT asset management software
Over a decade of collaborative feedback from IT technicians, premises managers, to finance directors in academies and MATs has resulted in a system that helps you share resources, stay compliant, manage contracts and prevent unnecessary expenditure.View Products
Subscribe to our newsletter by filling out the form, to recieve all the news and updates of latest events, job postings and software development.